The path to authenticity can be painful, confronting and down right scary.
It's certainly a challenge.
Most of us would rather not bare our soul. Our fears of not fitting in, not been liked and loved are some of the main reason we would rather allow ourselves to lay dormant. In our desire to be liked we shut down our truth and suppress our authentic self. So deep down that we can get to a stage where we find ourselves asking "who am I?"
We dress to please others.
We say things we don't really mean.
We change how we react depending on who we are with.
We hang out with people who do suit us.
We ask other people what they think would be the best for us to do.
We do things for others to keep the harmony.
In all these situations we have lost our authenticity. We don't really know what we want to do, or where we want to go. Its like been on a raft rushing down the rapids and its pretty hard to get off as the fear of whether we will be liked and accepted or whether it is safe to jump, is too great.
We tell ourselves that the few times we please others is ok but we start to believe we are not worthy, or our needs are not important.
As times goes by we end up with hundreds of beliefs, that are not supporting our needs or wants. We dull ourselves down knowing that deep inside we want to feel more joy and love and most of all we want to be ourselves.
For the biggest shift to happen in our lives we must decide we want to change. We want to be true to ourselves, we want to make ourselves a priority, we want to love ourselves. This takes courage but once the decision is make to change and follow your authentic self you are on the journey and believe it or not, its a much easier journey than pushing against yourself to please others.
Lets start the journey...
1. Be honest to yourself. Start to ask yourself, "Is this what I really want to do?" before you decide to do anything.
2. Love yourself. Get really friendly with yourself. Look into the mirror and say "I love you", "I really love you" as Louise Hay suggests every day.
3. Do the things you are putting off. Do you need a haircut or do you need to fix the washing machine. Get them done now. Make a list every day on what you need to achieve.
4. Say no to the things you really don't want to do, the things you do to keep the balance in a relationship or job.
5. Whats one thing you can change today? Is it putting time in for you, or having that conversation with a loved one you have been putting off?
6. Listen carefully to what you say out loud or to yourself. Are your beliefs supporting you?
Choosing to live authentically now allows the future to support you in wonderful new ways.
1/9/2019 05:48:10 pm
I think it's so sweet when someone made an entire album for one person. I even heard him say he sometimes thinks she is God. For some it may sound very disrespectful, even blasphemous. Me, I understand what he felt. I was also there for a reason. It looked like he is already in deep pain because he couldn't get thru her. I served as a distraction for some moment. I know I did try to stop him from killing himself. I have my own ways.
Leave a Reply.
Transformation Facilitator, PSYCH-K Advanced Facilitator &